Our school is committed to promoting equality and when carrying out our functions, in accordance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, we will have due regard to the need to:
· eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
· advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those without
· foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
There are nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act. We will not discriminate against, harass or victimise any pupil, prospective pupil, or other member of the school community because of their race, disability, sex, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership status or gender reassignment.
· publish information to demonstrate how we are complying with the Public Sector Equality Duty; and
· prepare and publish equality objectives
This information can be found below.
The Whole-School Equality Policy can be found on the Policies page of website.